Lecturer/Senior Lecturer ECL Science Education (Biology)
- NPQH (National College for School Leadership, 2006)
- M.Ed (University of Liverpool, 1987)
- Chartered Biologist (Royal Institute of Biology (now Society of Biology), 1985)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (University of Liverpool, 1978)
- Bachelor of Technology (Hons): Applied Biology (Brunel University, 1977)
Courses (Subjects) taught
- PGCE Science and Applied Science
- 2/3 Science
- SKE Science
- Mentor Training (Link and Liaison Tutor Role)
Career history and current interests
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer ECL Science Education (2010 - present)
- Sessional at LJMU and ran own small business (2006-2010)
- Science and Biology Teacher in 3 Sefton Comprehensives (1979-2006)
(Formby HS 4 yrs , Range HS 10 years as a Head of Biology and Deyes HS 13 years as a Head of Science/Senior Teacher.)
Professional and Research Interests
- Practical and Field Work in Biology and Science
- Assessment of ITE Trainees on teaching placement and in particular observation feedback.
- The impact of QTS Standards on the assessment of teacher trainees.
- Statistical analysis.
Professional activity / Consultancy/successful bids
- Deyes High School Specialist School Status Science Bid (2006)