Julie Hutton is responsible for managing non-core funding and contracts and is based in the Business & Enterpreneurship (B&E) Team.
Julie is responsible for the management of:
- Non-core funding – income-generation, collaborative and earmarked (G, J, W and M code)
- Contracts (earmarked and collaborative with input into income-generation)
- Faculty short course team (to administrate all short course, conference and consultancy activity in the faculty)
- Data returns for PPD (Postgraduate Professional Development) and MTL (Masters in Teaching and Learning)
- Bids and special projects (TDA non-core activity)
- Impact, evaluation and research related to non-core activity
Julie is a member of the following committees
- Directorate of Research & Enterprise
- CPD & Enterprise Steering Group
Julie joined LJMU in 2000, coming from a background in European Funding at FE level. Prior to this Julie completed a BA Hons degree in Hispanic Studies, followed by a Masters in MFL focusing on Catalan women writers and the feminist voice. Julie's original role at LJMU was in the School of Education and Community Studies (now the Faculty of Education, Community & Leisure) as the OFSTED and TTA Liaison Officer. In this role, Julie provided support for quality, data analysis and financial management for ITE/ITT programmes.
Whilst working at LJMU, Julie has completed various management programmes and an NVQ 4 in Business Administration. She is currently studying for a Graduate Conversion Diploma in Psychology with the Open University and is a public advisor to a Strategic Management Board for the Probabation Service.