Dr. Louise Williams
Louise graduated from the BA (Hons) Sport Development with P.E degree programme in 2003 with a first class honours degree. Louise started her PhD in sport sponsorship, which examined the impact that sport sponsorship has on consumer buying behavior, as well as looking at industry practice in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of sport sponsorship programmes. Louise became a Teaching Assistant on the programme and then started her current role as Senior Lecturer in September 2007. Louise graduated with her Doctorate in July 2010 and is currently the LTA coordinator for the Centre for Sport, Dance and Outdoor Education.
Louise is currently extremely interested in creativity in teaching and learning methods, and is keen to embed new and innovative delivery styles throughout her module team curriculum design. In her LTA role within the faculty, Louise was a part of the planning and implementation of the “Inspiring Teaching Week” which saw many members of the faculty engage in a week long staff development programme.
Senior Lecturer Sport Development with the Business of Sport
- PGCert (2010); ‘Teaching and Learning in Higher Education’, Liverpool John Moore’s University
- PhD (2009); ‘Sport Sponsorship: Examining Consumer and Practitioner Perspectives’, Liverpool John Moores University.
- BA (Hons) (2003), `Sport Development with Physical Education’, Liverpool John Moores University
Courses (Subjects) taught
- The Business of Sport
- Practical coaching delivery and leadership
- Personal learning and development
- Management of sports organisations
- Sports marketing
- Research methods
Professional and Research Interests
- Sports sponsorship; creative sports marketing and the broader context of the sports business
- Innovation in teaching and learning strategies through practical and theoretical constructs
- Sports marketing
- Sports business
- Authentic real world learning