Information Management Steering Group (IMSG)
Terms of Reference (draft)
Type: Special Interest Group
Links: IT Steering Group (SIG)
Strategic Development Projects Programme Board (SIG)
Terms of Reference:
1. To develop and maintain an agreed set of core university-wide Information Management Principles in support of the university’s overall operating principles.
2. To review the extent to which the agreed Principles operate in practice across the university, and to identify priority areas for improvement.
3. To develop and maintain an agreed university-wide Enterprise Architecture for the delivery of information services.
4. To review the extent to which the agreed Architecture has been achieved in practice and to highlight priority areas for improvement.
5. To consider matters brought forward from the IT Steering Group and the Strategic Development Projects Programme Board (* title to be revised) and to refer onwards to SMG issues of principle considered by IMSG requiring executive-level agreement.
6. To assess the overall value of the university’s information services and to identify priority areas for improvement.
7. To advise the Director of Planning & Information/CIO on the levels and priority of resource demands on staff engaged in the delivery of information services.
8. To promote the efficient and effective use of information services across the University.
Note: These terms are currently under review.