Off Campus Applications
Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Launch Fails with Web Interface using Internet Explorer 9?
- What should I do if I get a message saying no Terminal Server License Server is available when I try to login?
- How can I access Off Campus Applications from my Mac?
- Can I access Off Campus Applications from my mobile device?
- My password is about to expire, how can I reset it through Off Campus Applications?
- I have been contacted by ITS Staff who say there is a problem with my computer name. How can I fix this?
- I have a local printer attached to my PC. How do I print to this from Off Campus Applications?
- I have tried to install the Citrix client but it does not seem to be working correctly. Can I remove it and start again?
- Do JMU AppPlayer Favourites from ITS Managed Windows 7 Clients roam to off Campus?
- Does my Outlook Signature follow me from my XP or Windows 7 managed PC to Off Campus?
- Should I Save Any Files to the Off Campus Desktop?
This is a known issue with Internet Explorer and ICA. The article states its an issue after an upgrade however it seems to happen for new installs - http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX129082
To resolve this users will need to:
1. Add our site to your trusted sites
Tools\Internet Explorer\Security\Trusted Sites\Sites and add https://offcampus.ljmu.ac.uk/ as a trusted site.
2. Turn off ActiveX FilteringGear\Safety untick Active X Filtering
What should I do if I get a message saying no Terminal Server License Server is available when I try to login?
On Windows XP 32-bit systems you may get the following error message when you try to login to Off Campus Applications :
This issue is caused by the expiry of a licence which is stored in the registry on your PC. In order to fix this:
- Right click this link Licence Fix
- Select Save Target As and save the file fix-citrix-licence.txt to your local PC
- In Windows Explorer right click the file fix-citrix-licence.txt and rename it to be fix-citrix-licence.reg
- Double click fix-citrix-licence.reg
This will delete the expired record from the PC registry, and when you log back in a new licence key will be created.
You can access Off Campus Applications from various mobile devices. In each case it is necessary to download and install the Citrix Receiver for the device from the relevant 'App Store' for your device. Once you have installed the receiver click on one of the relevant links to configure it for LJMU Off Campus
N.B MAKE SURE THE CITRIX RECEIVER APP IS NOT RUNNING BEFORE YOU CLICK THE LINK.
From your Android Phone:
Click HERE to configure your device (you will be prompted to enter your username)
For a more detailed setup guide Click HERE
For Apple iOS iPhone/iPad:
Click HERE to configure your device (you have to scroll down and enter your username before it saves the details)
For a more detailed setup guide Click HERE
It is no longer possible to reset your password when logged into Off Campus Applications. The easiest way to change your password when you are off campus is via LJMU webmail. You can access this by clicking the email link on the LJMU home page, or by accessing the URL https://excasowa.ljmu.ac.uk
Login to webmail and then click on the Options link which you will find in the top right hand corner of the screen: Then click Change Your Password on the Options menu. This will prompt you for your old password and allow you to choose a new one.
I use Off Campus Applications from my Mac and I have been contacted by ITS staff who say there is a problem with my computer name. How can I fix this?
Your Mac has a name which by default may contain a special character such as an apostrophe (eg John's iMac). Computer names containing special characters cause errors on our servers when these computers are running an Off Campus session. In order to fix this, you need to change the computer name of your Mac to one which does not contain an apostrophe or other special characters. The computer name can be found on your Mac under:
System Preferences > Internet and Wireless > Sharing > Computer Name
JMU App Player Favourites on Off Campus are specific to this platform as are favourites on the ITS Managed Windows 7 clients. Therefore favourites do not roam between the two separate groups of systems.
No, your signatures on XP, Windows 7 and Off Campus are all completely independent. However if you create a signature while logged in to Off Campus this will be retained and will be available again in Outlook next time you use Off Campus.
Should I Save Any Files to the Off Campus Desktop
NO – this is a temporary desktop that is deleted when you logout of Off Campus. It is possible to write files to this area but this is so system and application icons can be created. Best practice is to create / modify / save your data files on your Personal File Store [M Drive]. Most off campus applications will redirect the auto save / open options to your M drive where possible.