GERI Annual Research Symposium (GARS 2012)
12 April 2012
The General Engineering Research Institute would like to invite papers for the 7th Annual Research Symposium which is to be held at Liverpool John Moores University on Wednesday 20 June 2012.
The symposium covers a broad range of topics of general interest to the research institute, which
includes the following areas:
- Advanced CAD/CAM
- Digital Signal/Image Processing
- Modelling and Simulation of Systems, Manufacturing Processes,
- Electronics, AFM, Acoustics, etc.
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Novel Application of IT in Engineering
- Process Monitoring and Control / Machine Control
- Inspection / NDT&E/ Ultrasonics / X-Ray
- Reliability Testing of Future Electronics
- Other Advanced Measurement Technologies
- Composite Materials and Smart Functional Materials
- Laser Processing
- Cell Mechanics / Structural Biology
- Applied Optics / Fibre-optics / Optical metrology
The organisers welcome participation from all Schools/Research Institutes within LJMU and in order
to reflect this have broadened the spectrum of topics covered in the symposium.
The deadline for submission of a 250-words abstract is Friday 20 April 2012.
Abstracts and enquiries should be emailed to Helen Pottle: email@example.com
Selected papers will be notified on Friday 27 April 2012 and will be requested to submit a full paper. Full
papers should be restricted to a maximum manuscript length of six A4 pages using the format provided
on the webpage: http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/GERI/Conferences/GARS/79375.htm
Presentation time will be approximately twenty minutes, including time for questions. Some papers may be accepted in poster form. Papers accepted for presentation at the symposium will be published in the proceedings. Prizes will be awarded for the best paper/poster/presentation.