For more information about booking at LJMU contact:
Conference & Event Services on 0151 231 3511 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LJMU assign great importance to our role within the wider world, and are committed to supporting, using and promoting Fairtrade products.
Liverpool John Moores University has been awarded Fairtrade university status in recognition of its Fairtrade policy and achievement of the following goals:
• Creation of a Fairtrade policy.
• Fairtrade foods available for sale in all campus shops and used in all campus cafes/restaurants/bars where possible.
• Fairtrade foods (tea and coffee) served at all meetings hosted by the University and served in all University management offices.
• Continuing campaigns for increased fairtrade consumption on campus.
• Meetings of the Fairtrade Steering Group to continually monitor and improve the University's support of Fairtrade.
The Fairtrade policy can be found here LJMU Fairtrade Policy
For further information on Fairtrade visit the Fairtrade Foundation website: www.fairtrade.org.uk
Healthy and Sustainable Food Policy
The University recognises its responsibility to carry out its procurement activities in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, and the influence in our buying power to encourage healthy and sustainable food production and consumption. Its commitment to implementing best practice in relation to healthy and sustainable food is demonstrated through creating the new Healthy and Sustainable Food Policy.
The intention of this policy is the integration of healthy and sustainable food in all aspects of the University's catering operation. We are working with our local suppliers to minimise negative environmental and social impacts from the products and services they provide.