Postgraduate Bursary for LJMU graduates
LJMU offers a fixed £500 bursary to Home/EU students who start a taught postgraduate programme having previously successfully completed an undergraduate degree at LJMU.
To be eligible for the award you must meet the following criteria
- You must be classed as a Home/EU student
- You must start your taught postgraduate programme within two years of completing your undergraduate degree e.g if your undergraduate degree was obtained in June 2012 you must start your taught postgraduate programme by September 2013 at the latest.
- You must be paying tuition fees that are at least equal to the LJMU set minimum taught postgraduate fee.
- You must comply and respond with the LJMU attendance confirmation exercise
If you are on either a PGCE programme or the PgDip Architecture or M Arch Architecture you are NOT eligible as your fees are charged at an undergraduate rate. The award is not a reduction in fees and you will be invoiced for and be expected to pay the full fee for your programme.
You must NOT be in receipt of a fee bursary from any other source; students on the MA Social Work, MSc Environmental Planning or PgDip Legal Practice programmes, for example, are not eligible for the LJMU bursary.
Students on MRes programmes are eligible provided they are paying the minimum taught postgraduate fee for the award but NOT those on MPhil or PhD programmes.
How to apply
You must formally apply for the award. You can download an application form here. Simply complete and return it to the address shown on the form.
Following the receipt of your application form your details will be verified against the records held on the Student Information System
Successful applicants will receive the payment of their award by cheque/BACS in April of the following year if their postgraduate programme commenced in September or October if their postgraduate programme commenced in January.
- This payment is a one-off payment and may only be claimed once.
- If you study for more than one taught postgraduate programme you will not receive an award for subsequent programmes.
- There will be a closing date of the end of Semester 2 for applications and any applications received after that date will not be processed.