1. Placing Official Orders
Budget holders are responsible for ensuring that official purchase orders are issued for all goods and services to be supplied to the University with the exception of utilities, rent, rates, petty cash purchases, purchases through call-offs and procurement cards or such other exceptions, as the Executive Director may approve.
- Requisitions for the supply of goods and services shall be made on the Purchase Requisition form and authorised by the budget holder. (Appendix 1 - Purchase Requisition Form)
- Where a University purchasing contract is in existence then orders must only be to the nominated suppliers. In other instances, suppliers will be sourced in accordance with the estimated value of the order.
- Quotations and value of estimates are as set out in the Appendix to the Financial Regulations.
- Authorised purchase requisitions will be input to the Finance system by staff who have access to the purchase ordering system or by the Procurement Services Team.
- In cases of extreme emergency when a telephone order is necessary then no later than the next working day an official order must be produced in confirmation.
Requisitions input to the purchase ordering system will be collated, checked and authorised by the Procurement Services Team prior to official orders being despatched to suppliers, with the exception of orders for building works and maintenance, which are authorised by the Director of Property Services.
- Official orders will be distributed on the following basis.
Official Purchase Order Supplier Appendix 2 - Official Purchase Order LJMU Internal (Faculty / Service Team) 1 Copy Appendix 3 - Purchase Order (Internal Copy)
- Budget holders should ensure that all goods and services are checked upon receipt and any discrepancies notified to the supplier in writing.
- Budget holders should ensure that goods and services are received, marked and recorded on the LJMU Internal copy of the official purchase order. Delivery details are input to the Finance system by staff with devolved access within Faculty and Service, or by the Finance staff.
- In normal circumstances the University will not agree to making payment to suppliers in advance of the receipt of goods and services. Any request for such payments must use the proforma cheque account form.