Library Services: Regulations - Conduct
- Conversation should be restricted to areas so designated and where permitted kept to a level so as not to disturb other users.
- Users may not smoke in the libraries.
- Users may not drink or eat in the libraries except in areas so designated.
- Any user losing or damaging Library Services materials may be charged a sum to cover replacement costs. The sum will be assessed by senior library staff and will be based on the current published price.
- Failure to respond to overdue and recall notices may lead to the withdrawal of borrowing rights.
- Failure to clear outstanding fines may lead to exclusion from the libraries.
- Upon completing a course of study at the University, before any award may be conferred and an award certificate issued, candidates must have cleared any outstanding debts to Library Services.
- Breaches of regulations and unruly behaviour may lead to exclusion from the libraries and an interview with senior staff as to future conduct, before readmittance.
- In any of the above circumstances the user has a right to a hearing before the Director of Library Services or his/her nominee.
- A serious breach of Library Services Regulations, e.g. unauthorised removal of stock, will be treated as a disciplinary matter under the University's Disciplinary Code and could result in dismissal from the University.
Approved by the Academic Board, 14.11.94