The Ordnance Survey Licence allows us to make copies for teaching and research purposes.
What does it cover?We are allowed to make:
- Copies of printed maps
- Hard copies of digital maps
The Licence allows up to ten 200 sq. cm bitmaps to be used on the University website.
What can be copied?
- 625 sq. cm (approximately A4 size) of a 1:25 000 scale or smaller map
- There is no size limit for 1:10 000, 1:2500, 1:1250 maps
What conditions apply?
The original must have been purchased by Liverpool John Moores University or obtained via the licence subscription service (DIGIMAP)
- Copying must be done on University premises.
- Each copy must bear the following acknowledgement:
Reproduced from the (insert year of publication) Ordnance Survey (insert scale of map) with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office, © Crown copyright together with the University’s name and address and date of copying.