Summer Semester Programme
Welcome to Liverpool John Mooores University Summer Semester Programme
The LJMU Summer Semester Programme is a unique academic and cultural experience, part of which takes place in Liverpool over 14 weeks each summer. Since it began in 2002, the Summer Semester programme has seen almost 5,000 students graduate with honours degrees.
As a Summer Semester student, you will embark on an exceptional learning experience, choosing from an extensive range of courses that will enable you to complete a Bachelors degree in your chosen area. You will also have a confidence-boosting and life enhancing stay in one of Europe's most exciting cities.
From the moment you arrive in Liverpool, you will become part of the LJMU and Liverpool community and your needs will be our top priority.
You will be:
- Welcomed at Manchester Airport and safely transported to your halls of residence
- Settled into your high quality accommodation
- Introduced fully to LJMU and your surroundings
- Offered a range of social events and trips around the UK via the Liverpool Student Union
- Assisted with financial, medical and other practical and personal issues and concerns
- Supported academically by our skilled and experienced academics
- Equipped with World of Work skills through the LJMU World of Work initiative
- Encouraged to celebrate your experience at an end of programme party
- Taken to Manchester Airport on your day of departure
We understand that the prospect of travelling and living a long way from home can be daunting. That's why everything we do is designed to help you feel safe, happy and able to make the very most of your time with us. We feel certain that our University and our city will be a great 'home from home'. LJMU is a university with big ambitions and we encourage all of our students to aim high and to always 'Dream, Plan, Achieve'. Everyone who studies with us is changed by the experience, intellectually and at a deeper level as individuals.
Liverpool is one of the friendliest, stimulating and affordable cities you could ever visit, known the world over for its culture, history, sport, music and stunning water-front. It is often referred to as 'the world in one city' because of the diversity of its well established international communities.
Be part of the LJMU Summer Semester programme. Make this your time to learn, grow and have one of the most rewarding experiences of your life.
See what our former students have to say about the Summer Semester Programme, LJMU and the city of Liverpool at http://www.youtube.com/embed/ei3XGm6t1j8?rel=0"